Favorite bands? Roy Harper, Captain Beefheart, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Woody Guthrie, Phil Ochs.
* First band you saw live? The Birds (with Ronnie Wood) then Them with Van Morrison – both brilliant.
* Band you have seen the most? Roy Harper (500+ times)
* Best festival? Windsor Jazz & Blues with Cream or Woburn Abbey with Hendrix
*Bands you wished you’d seen? Howlin’ Wolf, Beatles
* Furthest you have travelled for a concert? Grateful Dead in San Francisco – although I did see the Hot Potato Band in Australia!
* Ever met a band? Loads – Roy Harper, Syd Barrett, Free, Jimmy Page, Keith Moon, Magic Band, Country Joe & Fish, Nick Harper, Stiff Little Fingers, Buzzcocks, Incredible String Band…………. Back in the day you could just wander backstage and chat.
* Best gigs? Hundreds – Roy Harper at St Pancreas Town Hall, Captain Beefheart at Middle Earth, Doors at Roundhouse, Jimi Hendrix at Woburn, Pink Floyd at UFO, Son House at Hammersmith Odeon.
* Best venue? Eel Pie Island. Les Cousins in Greek St, Middle Earth or Toby Jug (saw Pete Green and Led Zep there)
* Worst venue? Loved ’em all!
* Smallest gig? I saw Arthur Brown in 1969 with just seven of us. He did his entire act full on. I saw the Nashville Teens with just nine of us. They also did their entire act full on. The best small gig was Nick Harper in a tiny room in Leeds – It was crammed and everyone sang. Also saw Jackson C Frank in a pub in Ilford back in 1969 – small audience superb gig.
* Last gig? Loudhailer Electric Company in Hull.
* Next gig? Jeff Beck in York or Nick Mason in York.