A big thank you to Rusty Garner-Smith who nominated me for the Creative Blogger Award.
His brilliant site is:
A big thank you to Danica Piche who has nominated me for the Respect award
A Big thanks to Akhiz who has nominated me for three awards.
The three awards are:
The Liebster Award
The Premio Dardos Award
The Dragons Loyalty Award
I take great pleasure in accepting them.
Firstly – thanks to Akhiz for his nominations.
Secondly – Everyone should have a look at his great site:
Thirdly – I have to tell you 11 things about myself. Here they are:
1. I am a writer. I have written forty five books so far. They are Novels, Sci-fi, Rock Music, Education, Environment and Antitheist. Twenty two of them are available on Amazon.
2. I was a secondary teacher for thirty six years. I became a Deputy Head and then Headteacher. I promoted child centred education, mixed ability, effort evaluation, restorative practice, creativity in my school and achieved outstanding results culminating in three consecutive Ofsted Outstanding evaluations.
3. My wife and I have been together since I was eighteen and she was seventeen – 48 years on August the 15th. We have four children and two grandchildren.
4. I have always been a rebel who distrusts the establishment and believes there are better ways of doing things. I am leaning to the left because I believe in equality, fairness, freedom and justice. I believe we should build a caring society.
5. I love nature and animals and am passionate about conservation. I have personally witnessed huge destruction of the environment and get upset when I see the cruel and callous treatment of wild animals and their habitat.
6. I am a hominid who shares 99% of my DNA with chimps and I’m proud of it.
7. I am a humanist and an antitheist. I believe religion is created by humans and has been used for power by the state and individuals.
8. I love reading and indulge in a wide range of genres. There’s nothing better than a good story. The whole creative output and knowledge base of humans is available in books. We have access to the greatest minds who ever lived.
9. I am intrigued by infinity, mystery and the unknown.
10. I believe there is a zeitgeist that connects us and that we can feed into it and help make positive. Education is the answer to defeating fundamentalism and fascism – not guns.
11. I love Rock Music, R&B and Blues and am a child of the sixties. I’ve seen all the great bands (nearly) and am still actively doing gigs. Music helped raise my consciousness, sensibilities and helped formulate my philosophy. My great heroes are Bob Dylan, Captain Beefheart, Woody Guthrie and Roy Harper. I like lyrics with bite and meaning.
Now Fourthly I have to nominate 5 blogs for these three awards.
eeyorn the space donkey
THE BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD !!
I would like to thank Trista Behr from Tris’ Nook for nominating me for this prestigious award. This award means a lot to me because I [like many of you] pour my heart and soul into my posts and it’s nice to be recognized for it.
PURPOSE OF THE AWARD
This is an award created by Edge of Night recognizing bloggers from all over the world for their hard work. It is meant to recognize bloggers, give them encouragement, motivation to continue blogging, and basically just let them know that they are loved and appreciated. Being a blogger is not as easy as the silly name suggests and many times we get discouraged but this award serves as a reminder of why we started blogging in the first place. In my case I started blogging in order to create a platform to sell my novels but in the process I discovered a new creative outlet in writing articles and short stories. My advice to new bloggers is to focus on consistency, listen to advice from other bloggers and learn from your mistakes. Most importantly be yourself!
– Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
– Write a post to show off your new award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
– Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving or uploading the image above).
– Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you’ve created.
– Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
– Note: You can decline the award if you don’t feel up to doing the above, but just remember you have to earn it by doing the work!
MY NOMINEES ARE: