Well today is a huge day for the future of our country! Let us hope that things go right for once! There certainly hasn’t been much to cheer about for a few years now. But today it could start going right!
Today parliament are voting on May’s deal. That could trigger a whole series of events that would certainly lift the spirits of the nation and put us back on the road to recovery.
Here’s is what I dearly wish will happen:
- May’s fudge of a deal is decisively thrown out.
- May resigns.
- The Tory Party split – never to regain power again.
- There is a General election.
- Article 50 is revoked.
- Labour win the election and form a truly Labour Government.
- Austerity is ended, Tax loopholes are plugged, inequality is addressed, our public services are repaired, the poor are not demonised. Fairness is the mantra for Britain once again.
- There is a second referendum and the idea of leaving is firmly crushed.
- We get back to making Britain a pleasant land to live in.
We can but dream!