The whole Brexit business has split the country into warring tribes. It has already cost us a fortune, prolonged austerity and the worst is yet to come.
The Tories have made a complete pig’s ear out of it all. Every step along the way they have done the wrong thing.
- Cameron should never have pandered to the far right nationalists.
- Cameron and Osborne should never have called a referendum on something as complex as this.
- The referendum should never have been a binary referendum.
- The option to leave, on such a momentous event, should never have been a simple majority.
- The campaign should never have been so badly run, so lacking in detail, so complacent – so badly prepared.
- Once the referendum was done Cameron and Osborne should have stayed on to deal with the mess they had made instead of running away.
- May should never have pandered to her right-wing nationalists.
- May should never have drawn up her red lines.
- May should have formed a cross-party Brexit group representing all views and all the country to sort out how to go out.
- May should never have triggered article 50 before arriving at consensus on how we wanted to go out.
- Brexit is not Brexit. Brexit is many types of Brexit. This stupid phrase should not have been repeated as if everyone agreed with what May meant by it. There was a very diverse view of what Brexit meant.
- May should never have put Davies in charge of negotiating.
- May should have realised that she had no chance of getting her version of Brexit through parliament without cross party consensus and involvement and spent two years of wasted negotiation.
- The 48% of the population who voted Remain should not have been completely ignored.
Now we are in a complete mess. The shit has hit the fan. We are at an impasse. There is no consensus. The country is split. Firms are leaving. There is no investment. We are paralysed.
What a bunch of incompetent political morons!! Could they have handled it any worse??