As usual I have a number of projects hanging in the air.
- I am currently rewriting my Sci-fi novel God’s Bolt. After discussions with my editor he suggested two improvements that I have taken on board. I am aiming to get those completed in the next week and to put that book out for re-editing. I am hopeful of publishing God’s Bolt in a couple of months time.
2. The sequel to God’s Bolt – Unfinished Business – is complete in second draft and in the process of being edited. When I have the opportunity to sit down with my editor I have a better understanding of what needs doing. It might require a major rewrite or minor tweaking. We’ll see. I hope to get that out some time in the summer.
3. Nick Harper – The Wilderness Years – my book on Nick – is complete and frustratingly still waiting to be laid out and published. Unfortunately the designer was ill and the project lapsed. I need to sit down with Nick to discuss where we go from here – another designer? We’ll see. I hope to get this one out in the summer too.
4. Ruminating on Roy Harper – my book on my long-term relationship with Roy stretching back to the sixties is currently on hold. I have a disagreement with my editor which needs resolving. She doesn’t like the style in which it is written. I do. I’m trying to put a little time and objectivity into the process. I will shortly look to take the project forward (following the two Sci-fi novels) and hope to get it out later this year.
5. Dead Ducks, Own Goals and Greed – my twelfth book of poetry – is progressing nicely. I now have 68 pages of poems. I imagine I will complete it in the next few months. We’ll see how much the muse plays with my mind.
All told it looks like a busy year and I have a couple of ideas fermenting for future books. We’ll see if they come to fruition.
2019 is shaping up to be a good year for my writing! I hope your agenda is also suitably packed!
Keep on writing and squeezing out those creative juices!!