Undoubtedly the biggest threat to life on the planet is us. We are not only vicious, aggressive and extremely violent but we are also too stupid to use the intelligence we have.
Our callous disregard is only exceeded by our fecundity.
We chop, pollute, butcher, mine, and destroy with gay abandon. After all we have to eat; we must have fresh water; a TV and computer is now an essential; life without a car is unthinkable; imagine not having a phone?
Those that don’t have aspire to having.
And we breed like there’s no tomorrow – and there won’t be.
Here is what we need to do to put things right:
- Restrict our families to two
- Use contraception, education and incentives
- Create a more equal world where there is support when you are ill, pensions when you are old and social security when you are unemployed so that you do not need a large family to support you
- Give 50% of the planet to other forms of life and protect our forests and wilderness
- Stop this constant selfish, greedy race for more. We don’t need more; we need better. It is obscene the way so few have so much while so many have nothing.
- Have globally enforced laws for population, pollution and conservation.
Make saving life on the planet a priority!
Build a better zeitgeist! Cherish all life! Do something positive!