Terrorism has become the scourge of our age.
Too many people have hearts full of hatred and arrogant righteousness.
Too many are indoctrinated into stupid beliefs.
Too many are exploited and manipulated into hatred, self-sacrifice and intolerance.
It is too easy to manufacture bombs and get hold of weapons.
Too many people seek power through perverse religion and politics.
There is far too much ignorance and superstition.
The world is far to unequal.
There are too many people, too little work and so little hope.
Too many live in overcrowded poverty and hopelessness.
The terrorists want to divide, spread fear and destabilise so that they can sneak into the vacuum and inflict their religious or political aims.
The men behind it are never killing themselves.
It is all about power, not beliefs or doctrine – power. The people who organise, radicalise and induce the hatred and barbarity want to be powerful. They are mentally sick.
Let us get a few things clear:
- No religion will ever dominate the whole world. They all come and go. The world has enormous numbers and they would never all convert.
- Hatred and barbaric violence are always obscene. Even if there was a god he would never condone it.
- We must stop indoctrinating children.
- We must make the world more equal and give people a future.
- There is no paradise full of virgins. The idea is misogynistic and absurd and the product of a sexually repressed culture.
- We must stop traumatising people through war, violence and the death of their loved ones. It cannot be sanctioned.
- We must restrict our numbers and improve everyone’s standard of living while preserving the planet.
- We must stop supporting megalomaniac leaders – religious or political.
- We must start thinking globally.
- To prevent future atrocities you have to treat the cause of the disease not merely the symptoms!
Opher’s World stands for tolerance, freedom, pacifism and equality. I abhor the senseless, callous barbarism of this primitive, ignorant ideology.