Have you noticed how politicians are the last people we should be trusting to put things right. Every time we come up to an election they tell us all the great things they are going to put right but when they are in power they never do.
This is because:
- They lie.
- They are only concerned with two things – votes and power.
- They are in the grip of their sponsors who hold the power behind the throne.
- They think short term.
- They won’t do anything unless it brings in votes, money or more power
- They do not really care what happens to people, the environment, the world or country. They only care about themselves.
- They go into politics to become rich and powerful.
- Anything long term is not going to help them get back in.
- They think politically and not logically.
The fact that they want to be politicians should warn us that they are the last people on Earth we should give power to!
We always end up voting for the lesser of two evils though! What choice do you have? And how come we often end up with the worst of the two possibilities?
A new Zeitgeist would be nice!