Awards : The Creative Blogger Award:
Big thank you to : Danica for nominating me for this award. I am not sure I like the whole concept of awards. But on thinking about it I can see that it is nice to be nominated by your fellow bloggers. It shows that they appreciate what you do and stand for and it gives you the opportunity to nominate other blogs that you value.
So firstly – I think you should go and see Danica’s blog. It is very cool and there are lots of things of interest that you will enjoy.
Thanks again Danica.
My 15 nominations are:
- Rich & Lou Duffy-Howard
Rich and Lou are a pair of highly creative individuals. They are musicians and socially motivated individuals who have their fingers in a number of pies. Rich is an award winning photographer and Lou was the bassist in the Red Guitars. They have done many brilliant events such as – My Ancestors Were French – which is well worth checking out. I would urge you all to visit their site and browse through the hundreds of spin-offs:
- Dexter – Dexter is only ten but he is brilliant. He makes music, plays piano, guitar bass and writes his own songs. He performs and does magic tricks that are awesome. If you visit his blog you will be amazed. I don’t know how he does it!
- Ian Cropton – eeyorn the space donkey – I never thought I would find someone who was mad about Roy and Nick Harper and Captain Beefheart but Ian is your man. He produces really great, well put together blogs that are a pleasure to read.
- Deane – Deane is a poet who does the most delightful poems that caress your mind. I love reading his words.
- Frederik – Frederik is another poet who does these incredible picture poems. I love them. His site is a joy.
- Del Nolan – Del is an aspiring writer and all writers need support. His blog is interesting.
- Keith Garrett – Keith has many, many thoughts and just as many poems. They come flooding out of him in their own quirky manner.
- The Beat Company – They don’t do the award thing but if you are into Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, William Burroughs and the Beat poets of the fifties this is the place to go.
- Dorkchops – This is a varied blog with much advice on beauty and fashion. I tried it all but it hasn’t helped. Though the other things on her blog had more impact.
- Erich Michaels – Erichs writing and photography is inspiring.
- Ryan Lanz – has all the ideas on marketing books that you could ever want.
- Marcy Erb – Marcy is an illustrator and poet who produces lovely work.
- Akhiz – Akhiz’s blog is full of interesting things from book and movie reviews to ramblings and thoughts. It has poetry and images. It’s worth a visit.
The five facts about myself that I have chosen for today are:
- I am a writer. I have written forty five books so far. They are Novels, Sci-fi, Rock Music, Education, Environment and Antitheist. Twenty two of them are available on Amazon.
- I was a secondary teacher for thirty six years. I became a Deputy Head and then Headteacher. I promoted child centred education, mixed ability, effort evaluation, restorative practice, creativity in my school and achieved outstanding results culminating in three consecutive Ofsted Outstanding evaluations.
- My wife and I have been together since I was eighteen and she was seventeen – 48 years on August the 15th. We have four children and two grandchildren.
- I have always been a rebel who distrusts the establishment and believes there are better ways of doing things. I am leaning to the left because I believe in equality, fairness, freedom and justice. I believe we should build a caring society.
- I love nature and animals and am passionate about conservation. I have personally witnessed huge destruction of the environment and get upset when I see the cruel and callous treatment of wild animals and their habitat.
- I am a hominid who shares 99% of my DNA with chimps and I’m proud of it.
- I am a humanist and an antitheist. I believe religion is created by humans and has been used for power by the state and individuals.
- I love reading and indulge in a wide range of genres. There’s nothing better than a good story. The whole creative output and knowledge base of humans is available in books. We have access to the greatest minds who ever lived.
- I am intrigued by infinity, mystery and the unknown.
- I believe there is a zeitgeist that connects us and that we can feed into it and help make positive. Education is the answer to defeating fundamentalism and fascism – not guns.
- I love Rock Music, R&B and Blues and am a child of the sixties. I’ve seen all the great bands (nearly) and am still actively doing gigs. Music helped raise my consciousness, sensibilities and helped formulate my philosophy. My great heroes are Bob Dylan, Captain Beefheart, Woody Guthrie and Roy Harper. I like lyrics with bite and meaning.
That’s it. – I never was very good on numbers!
The rules for this award are: ° Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees ° Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you ° Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers ° Pass these rules on to them