What a mixed bag. Certainly not where we should be!
So what have we got?
- A bad day for the Tories. They lost a bunch of seats.
- Boris Johnson’s bubble has burst. People see him as a lying lawbreaker.
- A good day for the Lib Dems. They have shown they can take on the Tories in some areas.
- A mixed day for Labour. They have not done anywhere near as well as they should have done given the absolute mess the Tories are in. They should be 20 points ahead. They aren’t.
- It is unbelievable to me that anybody still votes for this lying, self-serving clown. I despair of British people. They are stupid.
- Brexit is still playing a part. We have a large, unpleasant bunch of fascist far-right, racist working-class people.
- Boris Johnson has done enough to hang on. The elections weren’t a disaster for him. That’s great. He is a liability and will drag the Tories down. There will be a continuing saga of lies, blunders and stupidity which will cost the Tories votes. That bodes well for the coming election. Boris Johnson is a dead albatross around the necks of the Tories. His rotting carcass will poison the lot of them – scum though they are.
- Starmer has unfortunately done just about enough to stay as leader. That is not good. The man has the charisma of a wet rag. I do not like the way he has dragged the Labour Party back to being watered-down Tories. I’d like to see him jettisoned for a more anti-establishment charismatic leader. Maybe it’s time for Andy Burnham? I think that is unlikely to happen now. It might have been better if Labour had done worse – bad enough to dump Starmer.
Forecast for the next election.
I think that this points the way to a future hung parliament. I wouldn’t mind that. If Labour and the Lib Dems formed a coalition to keep out the greedy incompetent Tories that would only be good!!