My Alien Design for ‘The Pornography Wars’
It is incredibly hard to create an alien that isn’t completely daft or merely a humanoid adaptation of human being.
This is where my biological knowledge comes in handy. I knew all the basic faults with a human body and set about correcting them:
- A brain housed in a vulnerable head, stuck out on a very fragile neck that is easily broken. I moved the brain inside the body where it was better protected and there was no neck to break.
- A single windpipe that was in with the digestive tract and easily blocked so humans can be choked or strangled. I created a number of respiratory tubes and separated them from the digestive tract.
- A single heart supply brain and body. I created two.
- A heavy bony skeleton prone to fractures. My aliens had springy cartilaginous skeletons, strong but flexible.
- An excretory system that opened in the reproductive system creating risk of contamination. I separated them.
- A limited number of senses. I based my aliens on the number seven and equipped them with seven optics on stalks so that they could see all around them at the same time. Likewise with ears.
- A superior blood pigment to carry oxygen based around copper molecules that made them blue.
- Because of their need to be extremely sexual I made them hermaphrodite (both male and female) and gave them seven penises and vaginas, a complex cloaca with many folds, membranes and palps and a very intense sexual congress.
That was the basis of my aliens.