I enjoy writing. I find it a pleasurable experience. But it has many downsides:
- It takes a long time – my first book took over two thousand hours of working and reworking (and was still crap)
- It is antisocial. Writing is a solitary occupation that requires focus. It is a problem for relationships, friends and a social life.
- It gets in the way of doing things. If I have a compulsion to write something it fills my head until I have written it down. Nothing else matters.
- It can upset people. My life, friends and people that I have met become included in my writing. Some will not like the way they are portrayed.
- You can become very obsessed and boring!
so it is probably not a good obsession to be saddled with!
These are my six books of poetry. They are available as paperback or on Kindle from Amazon – all for under £5 for a paperback. You could buy the whole lot for just £27.62!!
They are not conventional poetry books. They are like you find on my blog with a page of explanatory prose followed by the poem. The prose is as important as the poem to me.
Codas, Cadence and Clues – £4.97
Stanzas and Stances – £5.59
Poems and Peons – £4.33
Rhymes and Reasons – £3.98
Prose, Cons and Poetry – £4.60
Vice and Verse – £4.15
Science Fiction books:
Ebola in the Garden of Eden – paperback £6.95 Kindle £2.56 (or free on unlimited)
Green – paperback £9.98 Kindle £2.56 (or free on unlimited)
Rock Music books
In Search of Captain Beefheart – paperback £6.91 Kindle £1.99 (or free on unlimited)
Other selected books and novels:
Anecdotes-Weird-Science-Writing-Ramblings – a book of anecdotes mainly from the sixties and other writing.
More Anecdotes – following the immense popularity of the first volume I produced a second
Goofin’ with the cosmic freaks – a kind of On the Road for the sixties
The book of Ginny – a novel
In Britain :
In all other countries around the world check out your regional Amazon site and Opher Goodwin books.