I wrote this a while ago. I think it’s true.
Having been blogging for two years now and had the opportunity to look at a great number of highly successful sites I think I now have a handle on what it is that makes a blog popular or unpopular.
Here are my observations:
- Do not write anything controversial
- Avoid Religion and Politics
- Write about celebrity trivia
- Write about food, fashion, shopping and what you had to eat last.
- Write about hanging out with your mates at the mall
- Write about love
- Write about fate that always finds a way through
- Do not write about war, starvation, inequality or environmental destruction
- Write about heart-warming stories of love prevailing over evil
- Write about comedy films, light reading and TV soaps
- Avoid heavy literature, Arty films or anything with depth
- Write upbeat poems
- Put in cartoons
- Have lots of humour – slapstick and silliness
- Write about current Pop Music
- Do not mention viruses…
View original post 148 more words